Saturday evenings I normally look for easy recipes to make and this Corned Beef Hash was perfect. Â Add roasted brussel sprouts, fresh petite tomatoes and a fried egg and you’ve got a winner.
- 8 oz. can of corned beef
- 1 large sweet potato cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Pepper and Salt, to taste
- In a medium sized skillet, add 2 tablespoons of ghee on low heat.
- When the ghee is melted, add the onion and jalapeno and saute until the onions are clear.
- Add the sweet potato and corned beef then stir this together for about 10 minutes.
- Â Add the remaining tablespoon of ghee then turn up the heat and cook until the potato becomes crisp. (Use a fork to poke through one of the pieces to make sure it’s soft and cooked through.)
- When the mixture is cooked through, add the basil and season with the salt and pepper.
This can be made for breakfast, brunch or a quick lunch.
I am not a big fan of canned “anything” but wanted something that was truly quick. Keep in mind that canned corned beef does have quite a bit of sodium though.
Hope you enjoy it!
For more paleo recipes, click here.