This paleo Spinach, Cheese and Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe came out absolutely great!
Normally my chicken breasts come out a tad too dry but not this time. Â I surprised even myself!
I decided on chicken breasts for tonight’s meal because I haven’t had them in quite awhile and I felt inspiration well inside of me. Â If that inspiration ever wells up inside of you, go for it!
As usual, the recipe is simple and uses ingredients that most people already have in their cupboard.
I only used two “slices” of the aged cheddar white cheese and then I chopped it up. Â You could use more cheese, but I liked the “hint” of cheese and this white cheddar does not have an overpowering flavor.
The spinach, olives and cheese will be combined in a bowl after they are all chopped.
After I cleaned and dried the chicken breasts, I sliced it down the middle but not all the way through ~
Next I stuffed them with the spinach mixture ~ (you’ll be tempted to overfill them, but remember that the pocket will be closed up).
I added a tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of a casserole dish then the chicken breasts. Â Next I seasoned the chicken with salt, white pepper and oregano then closed the chicken pockets with toothpicks.
I baked the chicken (covered) for approximately 35 minutes before removing it from the oven. Â I then added the juice of half of a lemon and a half tablespoon of butter on the top of each of the breasts then back in the oven it went, uncovered, for approximately 5 more minutes.
Then ~ perfection. Â Moist and tasty. Â I’m sure you’re ready to see the recipe, eh?
Spinach, Cheese and Olive Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Paleo)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olives, a handful, chopped
- Spinach, 1 cup chopped
- Aged White Cheddar Cheese, handful, chopped
- Oregano, a sprinkle
- White Pepper, a sprinkle
- Salt, to your taste
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the convection oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Clean and dry the chicken breasts then set them aside.
- Chop the spinach, olives and cheese and toss them in a small bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts in the middle but not all the way through (you want to make a small pocket).
- Fill the pocket with the spinach mixture then use toothpicks to hold the two sides of the chicken breast together.
- In a casserole dish, add approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil to the bottom.
- Add the chicken breasts to the casserole dish, sprinkle with oregano, white pepper and salt then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon over the chicken breasts, throw the peel in the casserole dish, add 1/2 tablespoon butter to the top of the chicken breasts then return to the oven, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Next ~ enjoy!
For additional paleo recipes, click here.