Yeah so, this recipe is very un-paleo. We’ve been cheating on the paleo diet quite a bit and my desire to have an Indian recipe led me to this very delicious recipe that I found in a Cooking Light magazine.
I did make a few changes to the original recipe so have re-written it below. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. The original recipe calls for it to be served over rice but we served it with slices of french bread. Quite delicious!
Sweet Potato and Red Curry
- 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potato
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups dried red lentils, washed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Indian spicy grilling paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a slow cooker that's coated with cooking spray, add all the ingredients except for the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar and slow cook for approximately 8 hours.
- Add the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar then stir everything together.
- Allow the curry to sit for about 5 minutes then serve over rice, a sweet potato or with warm bread.