Have you ever purchased a food item from the grocery store that was too much to use in one meal?
Well, as you can see, I purchased a whole schlew of tomatoes.
Since I had chili on my mind, I decided to use these tomatoes in my chili ~ good paleo chili recipe with cabbage and fresh tomatoes. I couldn’t go wrong.
I decided to use chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin and oregano as my seasonings.
Since everything pretty much got thrown in a large skillet, this recipe is on my list of “simple and easy chili recipes.”
Make sure you adjust the seasonings (spices) to your taste. Some people like spicy chili but I prefer mine mild.
And … here’s the recipe.
Chili with Cabbage and Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground garlic
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the olive oil then add the onion, pepper and cabbage.
- Cook the vegetables until they are soft.
- Add the beef and cook until it’s browned.
- Add the spices, salt, and pepper then stir.
- Taste and adjust spices if you'd like.
- Allow to cook through for about 20 minutes then add the tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a baked white sweet potato.
For more paleo recipes, click here.