This paleo Spinach, Cheese and Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe came out absolutely great!
Normally my chicken breasts come out a tad too dry but not this time. I surprised even myself!
I decided on chicken breasts for tonight’s meal because I haven’t had them in quite awhile and I felt inspiration well inside of me. If that inspiration ever wells up inside of you, go for it!
As usual, the recipe is simple and uses ingredients that most people already have in their cupboard.
I only used two “slices” of the aged cheddar white cheese and then I chopped it up. You could use more cheese, but I liked the “hint” of cheese and this white cheddar does not have an overpowering flavor.
The spinach, olives and cheese will be combined in a bowl after they are all chopped.
After I cleaned and dried the chicken breasts, I sliced it down the middle but not all the way through ~
Next I stuffed them with the spinach mixture ~ (you’ll be tempted to overfill them, but remember that the pocket will be closed up).
I added a tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of a casserole dish then the chicken breasts. Next I seasoned the chicken with salt, white pepper and oregano then closed the chicken pockets with toothpicks.
I baked the chicken (covered) for approximately 35 minutes before removing it from the oven. I then added the juice of half of a lemon and a half tablespoon of butter on the top of each of the breasts then back in the oven it went, uncovered, for approximately 5 more minutes.
Then ~ perfection. Moist and tasty. I’m sure you’re ready to see the recipe, eh?
Spinach, Cheese and Olive Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Paleo)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olives, a handful, chopped
- Spinach, 1 cup chopped
- Aged White Cheddar Cheese, handful, chopped
- Oregano, a sprinkle
- White Pepper, a sprinkle
- Salt, to your taste
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the convection oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Clean and dry the chicken breasts then set them aside.
- Chop the spinach, olives and cheese and toss them in a small bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts in the middle but not all the way through (you want to make a small pocket).
- Fill the pocket with the spinach mixture then use toothpicks to hold the two sides of the chicken breast together.
- In a casserole dish, add approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil to the bottom.
- Add the chicken breasts to the casserole dish, sprinkle with oregano, white pepper and salt then cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon over the chicken breasts, throw the peel in the casserole dish, add 1/2 tablespoon butter to the top of the chicken breasts then return to the oven, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Next ~ enjoy!
For additional paleo recipes, click here.