This is a really good quiche recipe. A picture/name of the cookbook is below the recipe.
Makes one 9-inch quiche
Pastry for one 9-inch pie or one 9-inch frozen deep-dish crust
1 1/2 cups of milk (I use half and half)
1 teaspoon anchovy-free Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
2 cups chopped fresh broccoli (you could use frozen, thawed but the consistency may be different)
1/2 cup of sliced scallions (both white & green parts)
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Roll the pastry into an 11-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie dish with the rolled dough. Weigh down the pastry using pie weights or dry beans to prevent the crust from rising. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove weights.
3. Decrease oven temperature to 350F
4. In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Beat until combined.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the crust from the oven.
6. Sprinkle the cheese into the bottom of the crust. Add the broccoli and scallions and toss gently to combine. Pour the egg mixture over all.
7. Baker 50 to 60 minutes or until puffy and slightly browned on top. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
They say you can also use Gouda or another hard cheese in place of the Cheddar.
Note: I baked this in a convection oven and it only took 35 minutes. So, make sure you check it every now and then. You can check if done by placing a butter knife in the middle of the quiche. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
Enjoy! (see recipe book below)