Day 6 of a cold/cough that continues to linger. Everyone I speak with has a remedy for me. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- Tea with honey and lemon
- Hot water with lemon
- First thing in the morning, drinking a glass of water with a freshly squeezed lemon in it. (Making sure to rinse my mouth afterwards to remove the acid)
- [amazon_link id=”B000GCHR7Q” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Ricola Herb Drops[/amazon_link]
- Put a pot of water on the stove, boil it, bring the pot to a safe place where you can lean over it and with a towel over your head inhaling the steam
- Hot showers
- Hot baths
- Drinking lots of water throughout the day
- Gargling with Listerine a couple times a day
So, has any of this worked? Quite honestly, I don’t think it’s made much difference in how long this cold has lasted. The difference has been in my comfort level.
For instance, when I take a hot shower or bath, the steam from the water helps the mucous in my chest and nose loosen up and I am able to breathe better.
The same is true for the boiling water remedy.
Taking the herb throat drops help especially when I’m around people as it prevents me from coughing on them.
The lemon with water in the morning is supposed to help in cleaning your body out of any toxins.
Again, the remedies worked for helping to alleviate some of the symptoms temporarily but overall the cold/cough still continues to linger.
[amazon_link id=”B001BKKXYG” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Ricola[/amazon_link]