So, this Chive Baked Sweet Potato came out surprisingly good. Â The original recipe calls from a regular potato but I paleo-ized it (somewhat). Instead of using a regular potato I used a sweet potato. And instead of soy cheese, I used grated aged parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a keeper — it’s easy, filling and quite tasty. It also uses few ingredients.
So — here’s what you’ll be needing:
You’ll be making a sauce with the cashews and a little bit of water. I was a little skeptical as to whether or not I would like the taste but it turned out quite well.
So … let’s try this simple recipe, shall we?
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (you could also use yams)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used freshly squeezed)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt (to taste)
- Handful of Aged Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Chives, chopped
- In a blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic and salt then blend it all until it’s creamy.
- Poke holes on the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Wet 2 paper towels and wrap your sweet potatoes in them.
- Put the potatoes with the towels on a microwave safe dish and microwave them for 6-8 minutes (mine took 8 minutes but I had thick potatoes).
- After removing the potatoes from the oven, poke them with a skewer or fork to make sure they are cooked all the way through (the skewer/fork should go through easily).
- Put a large slit in the top of each potato and add some of the cashew sauce along with some grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Put the potatoes back in the microwave (without the towel) for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the microwave and top with chives if you wish.
That’s pretty much it! Â Here’s the finished product:
Yum, yum, yum! Special thanks to the Vegan StonerÂ for the original recipe.