Tonight I made biftec, known as steak in English. It’s really easy to make. I baked it in the oven but I’ve also made it on the stovetop.
Here’s the home recipe:
- 3-12 oz packages of thin sliced beef steaks
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- Rinse the meat under warm water and place it in a bowl.
- Take a couple handfuls of vinegar and toss the meat with it.
- Pour tomato sauce over the meat and toss.
- Season with the Adobo (or other seasonings of your choosing)
- Cut the green pepper and onion into thin slices.
- Toss all together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
On the stovetop: toss the mixture into a skillet and heat on low/medium for about one hour.
In the oven: Put mixture in an oven-proof casserole dish and heat at 300 degrees for approximate 1.5 hours. (About midway, toss the meat)
This requires no oil or greasing of any pans.
As oven/stovetop temperatures may vary, please make sure your meat is thoroughly cooked before consuming.