comment 0

House Hunting

Last Thursday, we made an offer on a house in Lake Elmo, Minnesota. The house is not very updated except for the kitchen.

However, it is close to my husband’s work, has fast speed internet, has deeded lake access and sits on a pretty piece of treed property.

The sellers countered our offer. We countered their offer. They countered our offer. And now, we have to decide whether to counter again or just take this offer. If we take it, the closing could be the end of April.

If we don’t accept their counteroffer, we have two other possibilities. One possibility is the house in Lino Lakes which is the one with the septic problem. The sellers have come back to us to re-negotiate although we don’t have an offer on the table. The other house option costs a lot more but it is brand new (2010), is in Wisconsin and has a swimming pool.

Decisions, decisions. It sure would be good to be in a house in May.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply