I found this recipe for blueberry pancakes on the internet and it does not use buttermilk which is good as I don’t usually have it stocked at home.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and set aside
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
- In another small bowl, beat the egg yolks and add the milk and melted butter. Beat together.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth
- Stir in the blueberries
- Fold in the beaten egg whites
- Bake on a hot and greased griddle
When cooking on the griddle, use a medium-low setting, otherwise the pancakes will cook too quickly on the bottom and won’t be nice and fluffy.
This recipe makes approximately 12 pancakes.
(The recipe was taken from about.com southern food)