I got lazy and decided to buy the crust for the blueberry pie that I made. I just didn’t want to risk having to make the crust over and over again. The pie came out great.
- Pastry for 9-inch Two-Crust Pie
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry
- Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon
- Stir blueberries into #3 mixture
- Put mixture into pastry-lined pie plate
- Sprinkle with lemon juice
- Cut butter in small pieces and dot the mixture with the butter
- Cover the blueberry mixture with the top crust
- Slit the top crust
- Seal the edges with the tines of a fork
- Cover the edges with a 2-3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent the edges from burning (remove the foil during the last 15 minutes of baking)
- Bake until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits – about 35 to 45 minutes
Serves 6 people and is approximately 550 calories per serving.
This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks – Betty Crocker’s Cookbook.