This tried and true blueberry coffeecake from one of my favorite cookbooks tastes great with milk or … coffee.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 375º degrees
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square baking pan
- In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients then toss the blueberries in it
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, add the milk, butter, lemon juice and lemon rind. Stir all together
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir until combined
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan
- Bake 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake has puffed away from the edges of the pan.
Makes approximately 12 servings.
[amazon_link id=”0025429655″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]