Words — they seem to have an impact on what we think of ourselves. They can help or hinder, bless or curse, uplift or tear down. Using one small piece of our anatomy — the tongue. The tongue helps us to make sounds that make the words come out.
- Thank you
- I enjoyed the meal you made
- I like the shirt you’re wearing
- You have a nice smile
- That color doesn’t look good on you
- I don’t need your help
- You are ugly
- I don’t like having you around
- Have you considered joining Weight Watchers?
Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. Â James 3:5