I used this recipe on homemade ravioli that I made recently and it was delicious. We got the cheese at a stop along the way in Wisconsin coming home from Chicago. Wisconsin truly does have some great cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup packed soft Blue Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (I didn’t use this in my recipe but the original recipe calls for it)
- In a 1-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat
- Add the flour and paprika and whisk it together until it’s absorbed
- Stir in the broth and the half-and-half
- Cook until the mixture comes to a boil
- Add the cheeses and stir until the cheese is melted
I did not allow the Blue Cheese to melt all the way but liked it with small chunks of cheese.
Very very delicious.
(This recipe is from the book 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes. I use this book a lot in my cooking and recommend it highly.)
[amazon_link id=”0025429655″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]
One thought on “Blue Cheese Sauce”