I used this recipe on homemade ravioli that I made recently and it was delicious. We got the cheese at a stop along the way in Wisconsin coming home from Chicago. Wisconsin truly does have some great cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup packed soft Blue Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (I didn’t use this in my recipe but the original recipe calls for it)
- In a 1-quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat
- Add the flour and paprika and whisk it together until it’s absorbed
- Stir in the broth and the half-and-half
- Cook until the mixture comes to a boil
- Add the cheeses and stir until the cheese is melted
Very very delicious.
(This recipe is from the book 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes. I use this book a lot in my cooking and recommend it highly.)