A day for coconut oatmeal. This recipe is pretty simple as you add or subtract what you don’t want/like.
I started out with some Mom’s Best Quick Oats.
My next ingredient? Coconut Dream Coconut Milk. Yum!
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup (enough to cover the oats) coconut milk
- Dash of salt
- Cinnamon (more or less depending on what you like)
- Golden raisins
- In a small saucepan, add the oatmeal and coconut milk. Stir.
- Heat on medium low stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt and cinnamon. Stir.
- In a small bowl, add your raisins. Add hot water to the raisins to plump them.
- Continue stirring the oatmeal mixture until it starts to boil. Add more milk if the consistency is too thick for you. Once you have reached the right consistency, remove the oatmeal from the heat and pour it onto a plate.
- Drain the plumped raisins and add them to the oatmeal.
What I learned:
- Experimenting with different kinds of liquid, ie soy, coconut, almond etc. is good — one never knows what they might like
- Sweetened coconut flakes could be added if you wanted sweeter oatmeal
- Adding raisins eliminated the need for adding sugar
- One could add the raisins to the oatmeal while cooking instead of plumping them and adding them at the end — but then your raisins would taste “cooked” — Â all a matter of preference.
[amazon_link id=”B0058DW7OG” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]