What to do with extra pears, pecans and green onions? Make a roquefort pear salad! This recipe is delicious! Truly truly truly! I’m looking forward to making it again in the near future. The cheese is very expensive though so I only used 3.5 ounces which is what came in the container instead of the 5 ounces that the original recipe called for.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 pears – peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup of sugar together with the pecans. Continue stirring gently until the sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans, then transfer the nuts onto waxed or parchment paper. Allow this to cool then break into smaller pieces.
- For the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. I only used 1 teaspoon mustard instead of the 1 1/2 the original recipe calls for as I didn’t want a strong mustardy taste.
- In a large bowl, layer the lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Then add the pieces of pecan on top.
Enjoy this salad!
[amazon_link id=”B001TZRZJE” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]