Summer is coming to an end quickly but I still had a hungering for potato salad so thought I would try this new recipe.
- 6 potatoes (peeled) and cut in half
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain and chop coarsely.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover then remove from heat and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, peel then chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, sweet relish, garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and the salt and pepper. Gently mix together and serve warm.
I made 1 1/2 times the original recipe and left out the celery. The potatoes came out perfect – not overcooked. And I learned a new way to boil the eggs so that they can be peeled easily without cracking the skin when peeling.
Click here to be directed to the original recipe at allrecipes.com.