So, I have to say — I tried this recipe and it didn’t work for me. I don’t usually post recipes that don’t work but I’d like to know if anyone knows what I may have done wrong.
- 8 ounces fresh Capri goat cheese (I couldn’t find Capri so used plain goat cheese), at room temperature
- 3/4 lb butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream the goat cheese and butter in a mixer.
- Add the sugar, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Beat until the mixture is very light.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add the flour, beating just until the batter is mixed.
- Spoon the batter into a 10″ tube pan thickly buttered and floured.
- Bake the pound cake for 1 1/4 hours or until an inserted skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cake stand for 5 minutes. Invert the cake onto a rack and cool completely.
Thanks for any feedback!
I found this recipe at the Westfield Farm website http://www.chevre.com/recipes.html
[amazon_link id=”B001UP2WP0″ target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]