With the month of October behind us now, I look forward to November and the Thanksgiving season. I enjoy pumpkin pie but usually don’t have any during the year but instead leave it for Thanksgiving Day. Then it’s a real treat.
The original recipe is doubled but I halved it and the spice bars came out fine.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 16 ounce tub ready-made cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the spices.
- Spread the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely then frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cut into bars and top with nuts if you wish.