Okay so — the title should read “Chocolate Covered Macaroons” but they didn’t quite turn out the way I expected them to so I left out the chocolate.
I followed the recipe to a “t” and left the cookies in for the minimum time of 20 minutes instead of the 25 minutes. It was still too long. The second batch was left in for 15 minutes but those came out too mushy. So — I’m guessing 18 minutes might have been the perfect number.
I also halved the recipe but I don’t think that should have made much difference.
In any case, they came out moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. Not too bad for a first try. Macaroons are one of my favorite cookies.
- 1 -14-ounce bag shredded coconut (I used sweetened but the original recipe doesn’t differentiate)
- 1/2 can (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, heavy cream, and vanilla together.
- Add the shredded coconut.
- Mix all of this together making sure that all of the coconut is covered with the milk mixture.
- Using an ice cream scoop place mounds of the mixture on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until the coconut is nicely browned.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
They turned out just fine. But — when it comes to macaroons and coconut, I like it all.
Enjoy! (You can buy parchment paper online — click on below to check it out.)
[amazon_link id=”B000E7A6BM” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]
(The original recipe was found at http://bakedbree.com/chocolate-covered-macaroons.)Â