A favorite dessert of mine growing up in Chicago was a very simple dessert my mother would make called limber. I don’t think I know a Puerto Rican family who has not made it. It can be as sweet or non-sweet as you like.
Since we were poor, my mother would make these in ice cube trays instead of popsicle molds. She always used whatever we had around the house.
Here’s my mother’s recipe. We loved it whether the weather was cold or hot outside.
- 1 can of Cream of Coconut
- 1 can of water
- 1 can of milk (I used skim and it came out fine)
- 2 ice cream scoops of suger (or 1/4 cup) but taste it and adjust according to your taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays or popsicle molds
- Put the ice cube trays in the freezer and wait until it’s frozen
Put in the freezer then serve!
I love coconut so this is the perfect dessert for me!
Hope you enjoy it.