Whew! This recipe was a wee bit spicy although I ate it so it’s probably won’t be too spicy for those of you who like spicy foods. Definitely a keeper.
This recipe assumed that I had everything prepared ahead of time so get your ingredients ready before following the directions.
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, boiled til cooked, then shredded
- 2 tablespoons spicy peanut sauce (see below)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place a tortilla in a pan then sprinkle cheese, chicken, onion and spicy peanut sauce over half of it.
- Fold the tortilla in half so it covers the filling and cook this until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides (turn once) and the cheese is melted.
Spicy Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste (red can also be used)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanuts (roasted and crushed)
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the curry and saute until fragrant
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer it all until it thickens