This recipe for chicken fajitas is quite tasteful but be careful if you don’t like your food spicy. I adjusted the ingredients for myself (because I don’t like spicy food) and it still had a wee bit of a kick to it. So feel free to adjust as you go along …
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 green bell peppers, halved and sliced
- 2 medium onions, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- Cilantro (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade then toss to coat and refrigerate for two to three hours. (Leave about a teaspoon of the marinade to add to the skillet with the vegetables)
- In a large skillet (on medium high heat) add the 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place peppers, onions, and tomatos in the skillet and grill until cooked well but not soggy.
- Add some of the marinade to the mixture for flavor.
- When cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the skillet, grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side or until juices run clear.
- Place the chicken and vegetables on a hot plate or a hot cast iron skillet, squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
Note: Not sure where the original recipe came from …