I can’t tell you exactly where this recipe came from. All I know is I saw it in the newspaper and cut it out so I could try it. It’s very easy to make and tastes just fine.
- 1/2 lb linguine pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch size pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Prepare the linguine according to the directions on the package.
- Add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Drain this mixture in a colander and rinse in cold water so the noodles don’t stick together.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until it’s well browned and cooked through, stirring often.
- Add the soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine to the chicken and mix it thoroughly.
- Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
If you like, you can have some extra shredded cheese on the side to put on top of the servings.
It actually tasted pretty good. I also added a wee bit of salt but other spices can be added if you think it might be too bland for you. I found it perfect just the way it was.