Ahhh … baked chicken. Growing up, we always had fried chicken but this baked chicken tastes just like its fried without all the added fat.
I recently ran across a blog that told how to fry drumsticks very easily and surprisingly, it worked for me. I didn’t use any of the “recipe ingredients” but instead focused on the directions and used whatever ingredients I had in the house.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick spray like Pam
- Wash the drumsticks, pat them dry then put them on the cooking sheet
- Sprinkle one side of the drumstick with whatever you like such as: salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic salt, onion salt, etc
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Turn the drumsticks to the other side and sprinkle with your ingredients again
- Bake this side for another 45 minutes
I thought for sure the chicken would be overcooked but it wasn’t. They came out crunchy and perfect!
Special thanks to Christie’s Recipes for the simple directions.
[amazon_link id=”B001NC8HNG” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]
With Costco close by, I can buy large packages of drumsticks that I keep frozen until I need a simple dinner.