I made this Apple Cinnamon Paleo Bread that my son had given me his recipe for. It turned out okay but not great. It’s worth my giving it another try though as it’s paleo and I like both apple and cinnamon.
I served it with a Cabbage Soup and that turned out delicious. Not everything can be perfect, eh?
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and shredded
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine the bananas, apple sauce, eggs, nut butter and oil in a mixer and mix well on medium speed until its fully incorporated. (Start slow then increase the speed.)
- Once all of your ingredients are blended together, add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and sea salt then mix well.
- Grease a 9×5 glass loaf pan with olive oil spray or butter. (I used a dark pan and that may be why I had a problem — see below.)
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack after it cools.
- Slice and serve.
I allowed the bread to cool for about 10-15 minutes before trying to remove it and this is what happened …
Ugh! Oh well, live and learn. I probably should have used (besides the glass pan) more olive oil spray on the bottom.
It was a pretty simple recipe to follow. I liked the bread but my husband did not. He’s not a big fan of coconut though and that probably made a difference.