Saturday mornings I like to have something to eat that’s simple so I don’t have to rush as I’m getting ready to go to church.
This paleo Spinach Quiche was quite simple to make although my husband (my taste tester for the recipes I try out) said it was a little bland. For me, it tasted fine just the way it was.
Quite honestly, I’m not sure why they called it a quiche as it doesn’t have a crust. So — shouldn’t it be a spinach frittata? The chef who wrote this recipe did state that one could add a paleo crust but he preferred it this way.
It is much simpler to make without a crust, that’s for sure. But if you want more flavor, add more herbs to it to “spice” it up.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (however much you like)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut milk together really well.
- As you continue to whisk, start adding in the other ingredients.
- Grease a 9” pie dish and pour everything into it.
- Bake the quiche for about 30 minutes, or until cooked through in the center. (Put a butter knife in the middle and if it comes out clean then it’s usually done.)
That’s it! Simple, right?
Special thanks to paleodietlifestyle.com for this simple recipe. The author has a cookbook they sell at their website. I haven’t purchased it but if any of you decide to, let me know how you like it.