Here’s another simple and tasty recipe to make for dinner – Paleo Mustard Glazed Chicken. The mustard was not overwhelming at all even though it uses two tablespoons of it. I chose to use spicy brown mustard and I’m sure any mustard will do.
I also used butter instead of coconut oil as my husband doesn’t like the taste of coconut oil in everything we eat and it’s a staple on our paleo diet.
The chicken will only bake for 45 minutes or less and then you’ll get a juicy and skin crusty taste.
It does use 1/4 cup of melted butter — perhaps that’s why it’s so yummy! Ready for the recipe? Here it is …
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted (I used butter)
- 2 Tablespoons of stone ground mustard Â or mustard of your choosing(gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs ( used four as there were only two of us eating but I kept the rest of the measurements the same)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, mustard, black pepper, salt, and sage.
- Place chicken thighs in an oven-safe dish and brush the mustard mixture evenly over each one.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees. (insert an oven thermometer into the center of Â the chicken thigh)
That’s it! I served this with another recipe we’ve tried before called Maple Roasted Carrots, Apples and Onions. A great pairing!