So you’re probably wondering what else we paleo-eating folk might eat besides eggs for breakfast, right?
Well, how about a nice Turkey Breakfast casserole? It’s simple yet tasty and there are few ingredients that you need.
You’re pretty much throwing it all together and cooking it through.
Ready to give it a go? The apples in this recipe somehow don’t taste like apples but they add a nice crispness to the casserole.
- 1Â lb ground turkey
- 2Â small sweet potatoes – peeled then chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1Â yellow onion – diced
- 1Â apple – cut into bite size pieces
- 1Â rib of celery – chopped
- About a handful of fresh basil – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the ground turkey in a skillet in a small bit of olive oil.
- When it’s about half-way cooked, throw in the chopped onions and sweet potatoes.
- Let that simmer for a few minutes and in the interim, cut the apple into chunks and finely dice the celery.
- Throw the celery and apple into the mixture.
- Put a lid on the skillet and cook for about 10 or so minutes.
- Add the basil then put the lid back on.
- Once the turkey is cooked through and the sweet potatoes are cooked (but not too soft) you’re done.
See — simple, right?