The title of this recipe, Spicy Drumsticks, is a misnomer, at least the way the ingredient amounts are listed. There is chili powder used but I think you’d have to use more than the 2 teaspoons in order for it to be really spicy.
But, don’t get me wrong — they tasted great! I’d make them again and again because, quite frankly, I continue to enjoy easy to make recipes since I like to work outside in the yard. In winter when I’m more indoors, I like the more “complicated” recipes.
I served this with roasted asparagus and a Balsamic Heirloom Tomato Salad. So good!
Here’s the recipe for you …
- 3Â tbsp butter, melted (you can also use coconut oil)
- 3Â cloves garlic, minced
- 2Â tsp chili powder
- 1Â tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10Â chicken drumsticks (I only used 7 drumsticks as that’s what came in the package)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and butter.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and mix well to ensure all the meat is evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a large baking sheet with space in between to prevent overlap.
- Cook for about 1 hour, until the chicken is well cooked turning the pieces once during the cooking process.
That’s it! What a fun and easy paleo chicken dinner!