The search continues for good paleo muffins and this Apple Cinnamon Paleo recipe comes pretty close. The original recipe makes 9 regular sized muffins but I made 12 smaller ones. Next time I’ll make them larger as I think the taste might be a little better if they’re not smaller.
Few ingredients are needed for this recipe.
You’ll be putting the batter into a muffin tin. I’m guessing this can also be put in a loaf pan then sliced BUT I haven’t tried that yet.
Ready to try the recipe?
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to a large bowl then mix to blend it all together.
- Add the eggs, oil, honey, and diced apples to the dry mixture.
- Combine everything thoroughly.
- Line your muffin tins with muffin liners then, using a large spoon, pour a large spoonful of batter into each spot.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes if using a convection oven and smaller muffins or 25-30 minutes with larger muffins and in a non-convection oven.
That’s it! These were especially good!
Special thanks to PaleoOMG for this recipe. I encourage you to head over to her website as she has some pretty good recipes.