This Apple, Pecan, Blue Cheese with Dried Cherries Salad is taken from a well known blogger, The Pioneer Woman. And, I simply love the combination of the ingredients.
So — let’s take a look at what we’ll need.
You’ll be making a dressing for the salad.
After prepping your ingredients, it’s just a matter of mixing everything together — pretty easy, eh? So … here’s the recipe.
- 12 ounces Salad Greens
- 2 whole Apples, Cored And Sliced Thin
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries
- 6 ounces of Blue Cheese Cut Into Small Chunks
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard or as much/little as your taste buds can handle
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Combine the salad greens, apple slices, pecan halves, dried cherries, and blue cheese in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, and the salt and pepper and mix it together.
- Serve the salad dressing on the side so everyone can add as much or as little as they like.
That’s it! Hope you enjoy it. I served my salad with baked salmon and asparagus. Yum!