So … Meghan, at Paleo Effect, has outdone herself again. I recently tried a paleo bread recipe of hersÂ and now she came up with a white fluffy gluten free paleo bread. Go Meghan! Â I like trying her recipes because, so far, they have all been tried and true.
This recipe was really easy to make and it definitely will take the place of “real” bread. So, for those of you who are gluten free but long for bread, this recipe is for you.
Since we don’t normally have bread on a daily basis, I sliced my loaf and put 2 slices in plastic sealable bags so that I could grab them in the morning and toast them. Yum!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to get started.
You’ll be combining all the ingredients together …
To get a beautiful white loaf …
Ooh la la! Â You absolutely must try it!
- 1 Â½ heaping cups Arrowroot Powder
- 1 heaping cup Almond Flour
- 4 Eggs, at room temperature
- 4 Egg Whites, at room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons Walnut Oil
- Â½ Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Â½ Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Vinegar
- Olive Oil Spray for your loaf pan (the original recipe used Coconut Spray)
Directions (the easy part)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spray your loaf pan with the Olive Oil Spray.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes. (The original recipe says 30-35 but mine took longer. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.)
And that is pretty much it! Â The coconut vinegar is a tad expensive, however, since you don’t use a lot of it and you’ll be making this bread a lot, it’s well worth the money.
Hope you enjoy it! And check out Paleo Effect‘s website — I haven’t been disappointed yet.