Ahhh … the overweight butternut squash. What to do with this heavy vegetable?
Fortunately, I found a recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash which is paleo and quite easy to make (although I did tweak the recipe a little). The squash is cumbersome to work with — uncomfortable for small hands when peeling it. But — what an awesome burst of flavor the squash gives you in every bite! I quite enjoy eating this vegetable.
- 2-3 tablespoons Coconut Oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel, seed, and chop the squash into 1 inch pieces and add them to a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of oil then add the oil to the squash and toss together.
- Add cinnamon, salt and pepper to the squash and toss together.
- Roast the squash for approximately 35-40 minutes tossing every 15 minutes.
- The squash is ready when soft — check by poking a fork through the squash to check for doneness.
Pretty simple, no? I served the roasted butternut squash with a salad and drumstick chicken.