The crock pot — used more often when the weather gets chillier. So I scrounged around looking for a recipe that uses chicken thighs and found a Paleo Savory Cinnamon Slow Cooker recipe – although the original recipe uses chicken breasts. I also altered the ingredients a little bit — but not much.
This recipe can be made ahead of time, frozen and then defrosted in the refrigerator the night before to use the following day.
I did not freeze the recipe but instead marinated everything in the refrigerator for a couple of hours in the morning then tossed it in the crock pot for a few hours.
- 2Â lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2Â Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1Â Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 4Â Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2Â teaspoons cinnamon
- 1Â cup of Chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients in a Ziplock freezer bag, remove all the air and seal it.
- Marinade for at least a couple hours or alternatively, freeze overnight and defrost before it’s time to put it in the crock pot.
- Pour contents of the bag into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
And that, my dear friends, is all it takes. It tastes absolutely delicious.
2 thoughts on “Crock Pot Chicken Thighs”
This is a great dish.
Thank you! I thought so also.