I’m considering this salad paleo although I did use aged sliced parmesan cheese and most dedicated paleo-ites don’t use cheese but since the cheese can be omitted, I’m labeling it paleo. Â (smile)
Lately, I’ve had a salad almost every day. Something about romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, etc. just seems to draw me.
Here are the ingredients …
So … let’s put this recipe together …
- 1 bag of Spring Mix Salad
- 1 bag of Power Greens (baby kale, baby chard & baby spinach)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Spiced Cider (I used Trader Joe’s as it has no added sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Kosher salt and pepper (according to your taste)
- 1/4 cup aged parmesan cheese
- Add the Spring Mix and the Power Greens to a large bowl.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the apples and pears and toss with the greens. This will keep them from turning brown.
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss to blend it all together.
- In a small bowl, combine the cider, cider vinegar and maple syrup then add the oil and whisk it all together.
- Add salt and pepper to the dressing and stir to combine.
That’s pretty much it! Â Serve the dressing on the side so that you can save any leftover salad — otherwise it will be soggy later.
This recipe was adapted and paleo-ized from an Orchard Salad by Rachael Ray.