This was an interesting recipe. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry so didn’t have time to take photos of the different steps. Mea culpa. Next time I make it, I’ll have to come back and post more pictures.
I adapted the original recipe. I’m starting to get a lot more comfortable in doing that — just replacing ingredients with ones that I like more or that are cheaper. For this particular recipe, I had bought a large batch of beef strips from Costco and had feta in the fridge already so that’s what I substituted. Skip the feta if you’re following a really strict paleo diet.
Here’s the recipe …
- 1/2Â teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4Â teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2Â tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4Â teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 pound or 3 large beef strips
- Cooking spray
- 1Â teaspoon honey
- 1/8Â teaspoon salt
- 8Â cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3Â plums, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1/4Â cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine the pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl then rub this over both sides of the meat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the skillet with cooking spray.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook 5 minutes on each side or until it reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the steak from the skillet then let it rest for 5 -10 minutes.
- Cut the meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices and set this aside
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, honey, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and stir it well with a whisk.
- Add the arugula to a bowl and toss gently with the dressing to coat it.
- Arrange about 1 1/2 cups arugula mixture onto each of 4 plates and top each serving with 3 ounces steak, about 1/2 cup plums, sliced 1/4 avocado and 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
Pretty simple, no? Here’s the final product.
This recipe is similar to the Thai Steak Salad that I made before. Â Scrumptious!
Adapted from MyRecipes.