Coming up with easy “sides” for entrees is becoming easier and easier.
This paleo Baked Sweet Potato with Thyme recipe was thrown together in no time at all.
Here is what you’ll need …
After cleaning your sweet potato, you’ll be cutting it into bite size pieces.
Next, slice the shallots.
Put the potatoes and shallots in a small bowl.
Next, you’ll be slowly pouring the oil over the potatoes and shallots but just a little at a time. You want the oil to coat the mixture — don’t drown it. Â (hehe)
Add 2 teaspoons of thyme to the mixture and blend it all together. Line a glass pan with aluminum foil (easy clean up later) then add the potato mixture to the pan.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes (poke a fork through one of the potato pieces to check for doneness — it should be soft) and whala!
Here’s the recipe for you.
- 1 large sweet potato, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Shallot, peeled then sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried Thyme
- 1-2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350Â° Fahrenheit.
- Clean and slice the sweet potato into bite size pieces.
- Slice the shallot.
- Add the sweet potato and the shallot to a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the sweet potato mixture a little at a time, while tossing, to coat the mixture.
- Add the thyme to the mixture and stir everything together.
- Line a glass pan with aluminum foil and add the potato mixture to the pan making sure the potatoes are mostly evenly spaced.
- Â Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a fork poked through one of the potato pieces goes through easily.
This makes approximately 3 servings.
I served this with Baked Salmon, Steamed Broccoli and Apricot Ginger Sauce.
And, I must say — it was delicious!
For a list of other Paleo Recipes, click here.