What a beautiful day in Minnesota. We’ve been fortunate that this summer has been cooler than normal.
So ~ my husband has been doing a lot of grilling this summer. I come up with the recipes and he heads out to the grill to “cook” them.
We tend to have a lot of chicken thighs and breasts but one day I decided to venture out of the norm and get some drumsticks. This paleo Spicy Grilled Drumsticks recipe came out delicious! How did my brain manage to do that?
First I bought a pack drumsticks.
Then I gathered the ingredients that I wanted to use ~ just a few.
I also used about 1/4 cup of olive oil ~
In a small bowl, using a whisk, I mixed the ingredients with the olive oil.
In a separate bowl, after cleaning and drying off the drumsticks, I added them to a bowl then dumped the olive oil mixture on top. Next I mixed it all together.
Here they are prepared and ready to be grilled.
Ready to see the recipe?
- 1 package drumsticks (6 or so)
- 2 teaspoons Basil
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (more if you like really spicy food)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Clean and dry the drumsticks then place them in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil and the rest of the ingredients then whisk them together to combine them.
- Slowly pour the olive oil mixture over the drumsticks stirring frequently to combine it all. (You may not need to use all of the mixture depending on your taste.)
- Grill the drumsticks until they are cooked all the way through.
That’s it! Such an easy and tasty recipe.
I served this with a baked sweet potato and a cucumber/tomato salad.
(For a list of additional paleo recipes, click here.)