Trying to find good paleo lunches for my husband isn’t easy but this Apple Curry Tuna Salad was okay.
As you may know by now, I like quick and easy recipes, especially for lunches.
Here are the ingredients you’ll be needing ~
I used homemade Paleo Mayonnaise. It really tastes better than “regular” mayonnaise.
To start, I peeled and diced the apple then added it to a bowl with the juice of one lemon. I then tossed it all together. This keeps the apple from getting brown.
After cleaning the parsley, I chopped it up. This is how much I used out of the big bunch I had.
Then I opened the two cans of tuna, drained them, tossed the tuna in a medium sized bowl, added the curry powder (a little at a time until I had the flavor I wanted).
Next, I added everything else to the bowl and mixed it all together.
And ~ whala ~ all done!
Here’s the recipe …
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 cans of Tuna
- 1/2 cup of Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise
- Curly Parsley, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- Add the lemon juice to a small bowl then add the diced apple. Stir and set this aside.
- Chop the parsley and set it aside.
- After draining, add the 2 cans of tuna to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the Mayonnaise, Curry Powder and the Parsley to the tuna then stir. (Add the curry powder a little at a time to get the right taste for your “buds.”)
- Drain the apple pieces then add the apple to the tuna mixture.
Next? Sit back and enjoy your meal.
I changed the recipe just a tad from the original recipe substituting lemon for the lime and using less tuna, less mayo and less curry.