This Honey Chicken Salad was deeeeelicious! It was a pleasure to try and only needed a little tweaking to make it paleo.
Have you ever run into a recipe that you know you’ll use over and over again? This is that kind of recipe. Perhaps it’s the addition of honey in the ingredients. All I know is my husband and I both like it and that’s good enough for me.
So ~ here’s what you’ll be needing to start your journey to this wonderful salad ~
First, you’ll need two skinless and boneless chicken breasts ~ season them with a little salt and pepper.
After cleaning the chicken breasts, slice them into even amounts. You’ll be baking the chicken breasts at 350° for approximately 20-30 minutes (every oven is different).
While you have the oven on, toast the pecans for approximately 10 minutes or so.
Now that you’ve got that ready, here are the ingredients you’ll be needing for this recipe ~
Yes, you will need some paleo Mayonnaise in this recipe. Try this recipe here that I use over and over again.
Okay then ~ ready to see the entire recipe?
- 4 cups chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (more or less, add a little at a time to get the consistency and taste you want)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, add the cooked chicken, celery, cranberries and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken mixture to the mayonnaise mixture and stir everything together to combine it.
- Taste and make sure it’s the right consistency for you along with having the right amount of salt and pepper.
That’s it! I used less honey, celery and cranberries than the original recipe called for ~ call me a rebel!
Note: I adapted the Honey Chicken Salad from My Recipes to make it paleo (mainly by using paleo mayonnaise).
For additional paleo recipes, click here.