Here’s another Rachael Ray recipe that was quite good, and the only change I had to make to paleoize it was to use olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Cool, eh? Â (Hmmm … does anyone say cool anymore?)
Of course, we’ll need chicken. Â I used four (4) skinless boneless chicken breasts.
Then I prepped the vegetables ~ just a little dicing.
The chicken is dipped in a whipped egg and tossed in the unsweetened coconut to be coated. Â Then it’s cooked in a heated skillet on both sides before baking in the oven.
Once the chicken is brown on one side, turn it over and cook it on the other side.
Okay then ~ ready to see this simple and easy paleo recipe?
- 1/2Â pound frozen mango, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 -Â 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and vinegar then season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Place the coconut in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut. Press to coat. You want to make sure the chicken is coated on both sides.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet with the chicken in it to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the mango salsa on top or on the side.
I served this with sliced avocado and a zucchini-carrot medley.
To see additional paleo recipes, click here.
To see the original recipe, click here.