I made these burgers bite-size but if you wanted a full size burger you just need to add more meat when you grill them ~ just in time for summer grilling or even grilling them on the stovetop which is what I did.
These Paleo Spicy Grilled Lamb Burgers were truly a treat. Even though I don’t enjoy spicy foods I put just enough red pepper flakes to give it a little “kick” without them being “too” spicy.
Let’s take a look at the recipe ~
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons dried coriander
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic or 1 teaspoon minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil
- Place the lamb in a large bowl then add the the mint, coriander, oregano, garlic, white wine vinegar, and maple syrup then mix everything together.
- Add the cumin, allspice, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper then mix well.
- Shape into 8 small patties (or 4 large ones).
- Grill the burgers 5 – 10 minutes on each side, or until well done.
Pretty simple, no? I served these bite sized lamb burgers with rosemary roasted sweet potatoes and sliced tomatoes.
I’ll be putting this recipe on my “favorites list” as they really came out delicioso!
For additional Paleo recipes, click here.
This recipe was adapted from Spicy Lamb Burgers found on AllRecipes.com