Even with winter lingering, a salad feels good to the bones.
This paleo Cabbage and Apple Salad is delicious. The “dressing” reminds me of one I make for almost all my salads except it doesn’t have the apple cider vinegar.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Cabbage and Apple Salad
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad
Adapted from the book 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes, page 366.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (red or green)
- 1 cup chopped apple, peeled
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Handful of dried cranberries
- In a bowl, stir together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, apples and celery until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.