I knew I wanted to have chicken today but wasn’t sure exactly what to have with it.
Looking in the refrigerator, I noticed some leftover cauliflower from last week’s meal along with broccoli and mushrooms. Â Hmmm … I thought. Â That’s a nice combination.
Taking the veggies out of the refrigerator, I rinsed them with cold water and cut them up into bite sized pieces.
The now defrosted bone-in skin-on chicken thighs sat waiting to be prepared.
I wanted this paleo Baked Chicken with Broccoli & Cauliflower recipe to be simple and easy so I decided to use only a few items to prepare it: Â white pepper, onion powder, salt and toasted sesame seeds. Â I tossed a little of each over the chicken thighs.
To give this meal a little flavor, I used toasted sesame oil to toss the veggies in ~ just enough to make them glisten.
I added the prepared chicken to a greased casserole dish then arranged the veggies around it.
One thing I noticed while preparing the chicken is that one of the pieces was a lot smaller than the other three. Â That’s important because it means they will bake differently, i.e., the small one will be very well done. Â Oh well, I won’t worry about it.
I used the convection baking setting on my oven to bake this casserole. Â If you decide to make this recipe and use the regular baking setting, just know that it will take a little longer so you’ll have to check on it periodically Â (I usually poke a chopstick in the chicken to see if blood comes out ~ no blood means it’s ready.)
Alright then, enough of my chatting here. Â Ready to see this recipe?
Baked Chicken With Broccoli & Cauliflower
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on, cleaned and trimmed
- Cauliflower (half, cut in bite sized pieces)
- Broccoli, cut in bite sized pieces
- Mushrooms, 5 large, sliced
- White pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds, a sprinkling
- Onion Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After trimming and cleaning the chicken, season it with white pepper, onion powder, salt and the sesame seeds on both sides then set this aside.
- After cleaning the veggies and cutting them into bite sized pieces, add them to a small bowl and toss with the sesame oil. Add enough of the oil until the veggies are shiny.
- Add the prepared chicken to an oiled casserole dish then toss the veggies into the same dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a convection oven until the chicken is cooked through.
- (Note: In a regular oven this recipe can take 10-15 more minutes to bake.)
For additional paleo recipes, click here.