I knew I wanted to have chicken today but wasn’t sure exactly what to have with it.
Looking in the refrigerator, I noticed some leftover cauliflower from last week’s meal along with broccoli and mushrooms. Hmmm … I thought. That’s a nice combination.
Taking the veggies out of the refrigerator, I rinsed them with cold water and cut them up into bite sized pieces.
The now defrosted bone-in skin-on chicken thighs sat waiting to be prepared.
I wanted this paleo Baked Chicken with Broccoli & Cauliflower recipe to be simple and easy so I decided to use only a few items to prepare it: white pepper, onion powder, salt and toasted sesame seeds. I tossed a little of each over the chicken thighs.
To give this meal a little flavor, I used toasted sesame oil to toss the veggies in ~ just enough to make them glisten.
I added the prepared chicken to a greased casserole dish then arranged the veggies around it.
One thing I noticed while preparing the chicken is that one of the pieces was a lot smaller than the other three. That’s important because it means they will bake differently, i.e., the small one will be very well done. Oh well, I won’t worry about it.
I used the convection baking setting on my oven to bake this casserole. If you decide to make this recipe and use the regular baking setting, just know that it will take a little longer so you’ll have to check on it periodically (I usually poke a chopstick in the chicken to see if blood comes out ~ no blood means it’s ready.)
Alright then, enough of my chatting here. Ready to see this recipe?
Paleo Baked Chicken with Broccoli & Cauliflower
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on, cleaned and trimmed
- Cauliflower (half, cut in bite sized pieces)
- Broccoli, cut in bite sized pieces
- Mushrooms, 5 large, sliced
- White pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds, a sprinkling
- Onion Powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After trimming and cleaning the chicken, season it with white pepper, onion powder, salt and the sesame seeds on both sides then set this aside.
- After cleaning the veggies and cutting them into bite sized pieces, add them to a small bowl and toss with the sesame oil. Add enough of the oil until the veggies are shiny.
- Add the prepared chicken to an oiled casserole dish then toss the veggies into the same dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a convection oven until the chicken is cooked through.
- (Note: In a regular oven this recipe can take 10-15 more minutes to bake.)
For additional paleo recipes, click here.