This salad was easy and, although I had my doubts initially, quite tasteful.
I thought for sure I would miss the mayonnaise ingredient, but I didn’t. And, I did nothing to make it paleo ~ made it just as the recipe said, well, pretty much.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- Parsley, handful, minced
- 6 green olives, pitted and minced
- Salt and ground black pepper (to your taste)
- In a small bowl, whisk together a dressing with the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard then set this aside.
- In a larger bowl, mash the eggs with a potato masher, add the dressing, scallions, parsley and olives then mix everything together.
- Add the dressing slowly to the egg mixture to get the right consistency for yourself.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe was delicious, however, it does not keep well overnight as it gets soggy so eat it immediately. You won’t be sorry.
I served this with baked salmon and grilled yellow squash.
For more recipes, click here.