As summer nears to an end, the tomato crops are being picked and given away to lucky people like us. But, what to do with gobs of tomatoes?
One idea was a simple paleo Tomato and Cucumber Salad. Truly it does not get any easier than this. Well, you could complicate it if you really wanted to but … why?
So, here’s the recipe ~
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into small chunks
- Black Olives, halved
- Fresh Basil, chopped coarsely
- Grapeola, a teaspoon or so
- Salt, a pinch
- Pepper, a pinch
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the Grapeola) then season with salt and pepper.
- Once everything is combined, add the Grapeola a teaspoon at a time then stir until you get the right consistency.
That’s it! I like to use Grapeola Grape Seed Oil with fresh salads like this. Are you familiar with it?
Grapeola is a polyunsaturated oil that is rich in linoleic acid which is the main source for Omega-6. One can use about half as much as other cooking oils and get the same results.
Grapeola is kosher, rich in Vitamin E and is free of cholesterol. It also has a high smoke point and has a very light and mild flavor ~ that’s my favorite part.
So, I hope you enjoy this fresh light salad.
For additional paleo recipes, click here.