This simple yet delicious salad took no time at all to make. I always toss my salads with a touch of vinaigrette then serve the rest on the side as most of the time the amount of vinaigrette that’s called for drenches the salad instead of lightly coating it.
- 1 pound shredded carrots
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the carrot, cranberries and walnuts then set this aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, walnut oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Lightly coat the dressing over the salad, toss gently to combine, then serve.
That’s it! Pretty simply, eh?
I found this recipe in one of my favorite vegan cookbooks called 1000 Vegan Recipes.
[amazon_link id=”B009CVA2GA” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ][/amazon_link]