I found another moist banana bread that is really good and is also vegan. (If you don’t care whether you use dairy or not, see the other recipe I posted by clicking here.)
This recipe was easy to make. I didn’t have “real” maple syrup so I substituted the “fake” syrup and it turned out just fine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk or almond milk (I used almond)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mashed banana, from about 4 large very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Walnuts (optional, but I did not use them)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9″x5″ loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soy or almond milk and the cider vinegar and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the mashed banana, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, whisking until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, mixing until just combined (do not overmix!).
- Fold in the walnuts (if using) and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool on a wire cooling rack for 20 minutes before serving.
That’s it! It took my loaf 70 minutes to bake instead of the 1 hour so check your bread around the 55 minute mark to see how its doing.
Another change I made was using 2 frozen bananas (in addition to the 2 ripe ones I had). I nuked them in the microwave for 30 seconds and added them (along with the juice) to the two other bananas then mashed them together.
I know, the de-frosted frozen bananas look a little weird but I have found that when I use them (and the juices that they make) the banana bread comes out quite moist. I also like chunks of banana in my bread so I don’t mush them to death.
One piece or ??? We all had two pieces which were delicious. Especially when the bread is warm.
Hope you enjoy it!
Note: The original recipe came from dairyfreecooking.